Purchasing eco-friendly cars are becoming more popular than ever. The main reason people buy these cars would be to help lessen their carbon footprint. But, there are many other benefits to having green cars besides the fact that they are eco-friendly.
Green cars offer many benefits to those who purchase them. These include:
- Better fuel economy
- Annual savings, lower taxes, and exemptions
- Higher resale value
- Charges battery when brakes are applied
- Made from light materials which require less energy
Below are the top Green Cars of 2018 by Business Insider:
- Top Overall Green Car -Tesla Model X 75D – The Tesla Model X is ranked #8 in Luxury Midsize SUVs and #1 for top eco-friendly cars of 2018. At $79,500, this vehicle pays for itself in savings. The all-electric car seats 7 people, has 328 horsepower, exterior LED lighting and a panoramic windshield. The 75kWh battery lasts up to 237 miles, giving you more for your money. Equipped with Bluetooth for hands-free calling and 4G connectivity that allows access to Google Maps, this high tech vehicle has all the features you would need in a car with high performance that is seen in top non-eco-friendly cars.
- Best Subcompact Green Car – Chevy Bolt EV Premier – Having an electric car is easier than ever with the Chevy Bolt. Simply charge your car battery like you would a cell phone, and you are good to go with 90 miles in 30 minutes of charge time. It starts at $40,225 and offers a total of 238 miles on a full charge so you do not have to keep going to the charge stations. It features one pedal driving for both acceleration and deceleration and has plenty of cargo space with all of the top vehicle features. If you want to make heads turn with this luxury subcompact car, consider driving a Chevy Bolt EV Premier.
- Best Midsize Car – BMW 530e i-Performance – If you are looking for an electric car with great performance and a long battery life, then the newest electric car from BMW is for you. It offers 180 horsepower 2.0 liter 4-cylinder turbocharged engine and will go 0 to 60 in 6.1 seconds. It’s priced at $51,400 and seats 5 with six drive modes: sport, eco-pro, auto edrive, max edrive, comfort and battery control. The wireless charging car can fully charge in 3 ½ hours. The wireless charger is easier than refueling a gas engine.
Going with an eco-friendly car may be the right choice for you. It is an investment up front, and usually more expensive than traditional cars. But, you will save money in the long run by not having to pay for fuel every week. Cut fuel consumption and conserve energy without sacrificing performance!